- Remove dust filters from Carriage and Contactor Box cooling fans, wash with clean water, dry and replace.
- With Power off. Check condition of all cables and plugs.
- Ensure main pipe rotation motor fan is clear from dirt and unobstructed.
- Check large pipe rotators for general condition, including wheels, bearings, discs, end stop roller, and channel clamps for security.
- Power up carriage and perform a full function check of all controls, including pipe rotation, move carriage left to right and check operation of limit switches at end of travel.
- Inspect tape head, check condition of rubbers, V belt, brake disc and pads. Check operation of brake unit (tension control) and expanding mandrel.
- Carry out general clean of machine.
- Clean and grease main rotator bearings.
- Check all ground anchors for security.
- Clean tape head and apply light oil to threads of tape head mandrel and brake unit.
- Check tape head rotates freely with brake off, condition of bearings.
- Check all external wiring for general condition and security.
- If any defects are found, site supervisor should be notified, manufacturer can be contacted for advice.
Downloadable Documents (PDF Format):
Turncoat Maintenance and Inspection